- Sound recording
- Environmental noise
- Building acoustics
- Noise source identification
- Industrial hygiene
- Product development
- Quality control
- Sound power
- Speech intelligibility - STIPA
- Vibration measurements
- HVAC noise
- Handheld real-time 1/1- or 1/3-octave frequency analyser
- Measurement of A-weighted levels simultaneously with either C- or Z-weighted levels
- Parallel detection of SPL, Leq, Lmin, Lmax, LE and Lpeak
- 120 dB dynamic range giving a "one-range” instrument
- Measures Lpeak levels up to 140 dB
- Parallel detection of F, S and I time constants
- USB 2.0 and High-speed RS-232 serial interface (115 kbaud)
- SD memory card and large high speed internal memory
- Sound recording in 8, 16 or 24 bit format with 12 or 48 kHz sampling
- High-resolution graphical backlit display
- Manual or automatic storage of results
- Automatically repeated measurements with clock synchronization
- Pause/Continue function with backerase feature
- Precision integrating sound level meter to IEC 61672 class 1
- Results displayed as dB or Engineering Units
- Numerical printouts
- AC output signal
- Signal generator
- Windscreen correction
- Noise floor correction
The Outdoor Microphone Nor1214 is a measurement microphone for all-weather conditions. It is intended for temporary as well as permanent outdoor applications. The microphone system is well protected from rain, snow, dust and insects, satisfying IP 55 requirements.
- Outdoor microphone for community and aircraft noise.
- Horizontal or vertical reference direction set by external frequency correction.
- Fulﬁls IEC 60651, IEC 61672 class 1 and ANSI S1.4 type 1 (frequency correction applied).
- Protection class IP 55 (dust and water).
- Easy to calibrate with a normal ½” sound calibrator.
- Powered from the sound level meter.
- Microphone veriﬁcation by SysCheck facility.
- Low self noise – typically below 18 dB, A-weighted.
- Delivered with individually calibration certiﬁcation.
Further, compared to a standard measurement micro-phone, the Outdoor Microphone Nor1214 improves the measurement accuracy by reducing the wind noise and by improving the directional response for sound from different directions.
Combined with a suitable sound level instrument like Nor140, the Outdoor microphone Nor1214 satisfy Class 1 speciﬁcation requirements according to IEC61672-1 and related national standards.
The microphone is intended for vertical mounting only since the act of gravitation forms a part of the rain pro-tection system. The reference direction may, however, be selected to be vertical or horizontal based on the applied frequency compensation.
The Outdoor Microphone may be calibrated with a nor-mal sound calibrator suitable for ½” working standard mi-crophones (WS2) without the need for extra accessories.
Access to the microphone cartridge is easily gained by dismounting the upper part of the microphone.
The base of the Outdoor Microphone Nor1214 is made of an electrical insulating material. The microphone body will be fully insulated from the mounting mast thereby re-ducing pick-up of electrical hum and noise.
For veriﬁcation of proper operation, the microphone is equipped with a system check facility, where an electrical signal applied on one of the terminals are returned after passing through the complete signal chain, thus verifying proper operation of the microphone cartridge, preampliﬁer and microphone cable.
The Outdoor Microphone Nor1214 is equipped with the standard 7-pin Lemo connector and may plug directly into a suitable sound level meter instrument like Norsonic Nor140 by the use of a standard microphone cable.